Saturday, March 3, 2007

Getting ready to felt Spencer's bed

Spencer has a yarn fetish - he has ever since he was a baby. So last week, I decided to give him his own felted bed. Once I figured out the mobius rim this went super quick - knitting in the round on size 13. I used Malabrigo in Jewel Blue (from my LYS - Knitche in Downers Grove) to match his eyes. Here it is pre-felted, or as the girls called it Thursday night the "elephant hat".

Spence is itching to take a nap in it so ..... we'll felt it today. and he should be snoozing by tomorrow afternoon

Note to those of you who know Spencer: The dark spot on his shoulder is were the hair is growing back from his boo boo (inflicted by his sister) over the holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Spencer's a beauty! My cat, Ava, looks just like him except for the dark legs. Thank you for posting the picture - LOVE the blue you chose. I am working on the Red Rose cat bed pattern and seeing yours was a comfort to me (as a beginner knitter) to see that I guess I am following the pattern correctly (in that it's gigantic and floppy in nature until felted.) Beautiful job (I saw the finished one!). Best, Bobbi Bernardini (aka "knitcatlady")

    ReplyDelete