Friday, August 17, 2007

Knit Night

Well it looks like Thursday Knit Night at the LYS is over - I showed up early last night only to be told, verbally and then with a sign on the door that Charity Knitting would be 'enforced' (yes, the newsletter did say that was going on that night - but in the past that meant if you wanted to knit the project for charity one of the staffers would be ready to help). Now I've heard it all - when they started to charge $5 (to be used toward a $10 purchase) I smiled and said 'ok' - even though I thought it was silly as I spend hundreds there a year, but ok. Now I'm not welcome to sit and knit unless I knit a Teddy Bear for charity. Don't get me wrong - charity knitting is wonderful - but it's not the same when you must do it or leave.

It's become obvious that the owner does not want us congregating there on Thursday nights... so, off we go. Me and the knitsibs will need to find another place to hang and knit. There's a shop in Franklin Park that has open knit on Thursday's and one in East Dundee that has it on Friday - looks like we'll be cruising open knits until we find a new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment