Saturday, May 22, 2010

What was I thinking!?!

So...  I fell in love with the Tulip Sock pattern, in the Think Outside the Sox book.  Thing is it's made with 8 colors, which would amount to a $180 pair of socks.  Not happening.  But then I thought, well, if I had 5 friends (had to do some math on that) that wanted to make them we could share the yarn.  Hmmm.... where to find 5 like minded friends to share yarn? Ah but of course, Ravelry!  So a few posts later, I'm receiving boxes from the Loopy Ewe with 12 skeins of Dream in Color Smooshy to divide up for my 5 new friends.

The last 3 boxes arrived this morning - so I spent the day making center pull skeins out of them, in preparation for dividing them up 6 ways.

Here is the bag with all the orders...











... and the basket to put the skeins in....

... and then I start winding...










...and winding..











.... and winding..
... and winding....




.... until 12 skeins were in cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment